Date & Time of Course
28 October, 2021
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This is an introductory level course which will provide you with a basic awareness of adult safeguarding.
This training is based on the Sussex Adult Safeguarding Procedures and will provide you with an understanding of what Adult Safeguarding is and what you need to do to help a person who may be experiencing Abuse or Neglect.
This course will support you to:
- recognise when a person may be experiencing or is at risk of Abuse or neglect
- identify signs and symptoms of different types of abuse
- respond to a person who may have been harmed
- identify who your source of support is in your organisation when you are involved in Safeguarding.
- report Abuse and Neglect – know how to raise a Safeguarding Concern
- understand the Care Act: “three key tests”
- understand the concept of Making Safeguarding Personal – where possible, empowering the person to achieve their desired outcomes
- understand the principles which underpin our practice and how we approach safeguarding work
Who should attend?
Suitable for all new staff working with adults, or requiring an introduction to Safeguarding.