Date & Time of Course
8 November, 2022
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
We have a brand-new Secretary of State (Mel Stride, from 25.10.22!), a return to the Managed Migration programme, increasing levels of sanctions and extra conditionality on people who are working.
We also have uncertainty over Cost-of-Living help, and how much benefits will increase next year.
With over 6m people now on Universal Credit there are changes and challenges ahead in the world of Universal Credit.
We will look at these issues, and many other changes affecting your clients, on this half day catch-up, delivered by Zoom.
Our aim is to bring you comprehensive information which will bring you up to speed with all the essentials in these unique times.
In particular, we will look at:
- Helping your clients cope with the return of full claimant commitments, face to face assessments and the imposition of greater conditionality
- All the new Cost of Living resources, and how to find out the latest information
- The programme for moving legacy benefit claimants onto Universal Credit
- Supporting people who could or must move to UC – timing, preparation, working out if people would be better off
- The impact of work on Universal Credit
- The rising cases of people affected by the Benefit Cap – how to work it out and how to try and avoid it
- Improving safeguarding at the DWP – an evolving and essential process
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone reasonably familiar with UC who needs to be confident that their knowledge is up to date.
It will not be suitable for people who are brand new to Universal Credit, or people who do specialist benefits casework.
The trainer’s knowledge, energy and ability to manage the space was extremely well done. Sharing tools to empower our clients and highlighting important language and regulations. Also the case studies were brilliant as it brought it to life and was really memorable.
This course is also available in-house. Prices start from £410 for up to 14 people either online or in-person. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance email@example.com or telephone 01273 645420