Date & Time of Course
7 October, 2021
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
With over 6m people now on Universal Credit (UC) and a slow return to ‘normality’ signalled by the DWP, there are changes and challenges ahead in the world of Universal Credit.
Now that the DWP has confirmed that the £20 a week UC uplift will be withdrawn from the beginning of October, your clients already on UC will have budgeting challenges, and those yet to move to UC will need to know how they stand.
This half-day course will be delivered by Zoom. Please note that we will also be running the same course in person at the Friends Meeting House on Tuesday 5th October. Both sessions will have the same content.
Our aim is to bring you comprehensive information which will bring you up to speed with all the essentials in these unique times.
In particular, we will look at:
- Helping your clients cope with the withdrawal of £86 a month in UC payments
- Helping your clients cope with the return of full claimant commitments, face to face assessments and the imposition of greater conditionality
- The impact of recent court decisions – some helpful, some not
- The rising cases of people affected by the Benefit Cap – how to work it out and how to try and avoid it
- Supporting people who could or must move to UC – timing, preparation, working out if people would be better off
- Improving safeguarding at the DWP – an evolving and essential process
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone reasonably familiar with UC who needs to be confident that their knowledge is up to date.
It will not be suitable for people who are brand new to Universal Credit, or people who do specialist benefits casework.
The trainer’s knowledge, energy and ability to manage the space was extremely well done. Sharing tools to empower our clients and highlighting important language and regulations. Also the case studies were brilliant as it brought it to life and was really memorable.
This course is also available in-house. Prices start from £375 for up to 14 people. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01273 645420