Date & Time of Course
16 May, 2024
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Brighton Venue
This 1-day course will equip you with the basic lifesaving skills required to deal with casualties until the emergency service help arrives.
This course is a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification, in line with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) workplace requirements.
With over a decade of experience teaching First Aid and many years working for the ambulance service, our paramedic trainer will ensure that you leave the course feeling confident to apply lifesaving skills in and out of the workplace.
Please note that there is an additional charge of £12 included in the course fees to cover the accreditation cost.
Ensures you are able to:
- Understand the role of an Emergency First Aider (including; first aid kits, infection control, legal aspects of emergency care)
- Know how to assess an incident using the Primary survey (DR S ABC)
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing (recovery position)
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing (CPR and use of an AED)
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Understand and manage conditions including heart attacks and strokes
- Manage a casualty who is bleeding
- Recognise and manage a seizure
- Management of burns and scalds
- Provide overdose and intoxication aid
- Understand the use of adrenaline auto injectors (AAI’s)
Who should attend?
Suitable for all staff.
Learners must demonstrate first aid procedures as part of their assessment, as they would in a real work environment, including providing CPR to a casualty. Therefore, learners must be able to perform CPR on the floor, and sensible clothing is required. If you have accessibility requirements which mean you would be unable to do this task, please contact our Learning & Development Team to discuss.
Introductory / Refresher
Level 3 assessment – short multiple choice exam and practical assessment
The trainer was brilliant and I will remember a lot from the course. He went above and beyond to give us more understanding and knowledge around the physiology of the human body, linking it to how we should help someone in trouble.
This is a 1 day course on 16 May 2024 which will be taking place at a Brighton training venue.
This course is also available in-house, and prices start from £798 for up to 12 people. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance at [email protected] or telephone 01273 645420