Date & Time of Course
2 September, 2022
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
9 September, 2022
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to services supporting clients from marginalised groups.
This online course will provide an opportunity to explore your own relationship to equality and diversity as well as the legislation underpinning anti-discriminatory practice. Using a client-centred approach, the course will explore equality and diversity in the context of supporting clients with multiple needs. This training goes beyond legislation, to explore issues of equality and diversity, and how you and your organisation can deliver inclusive services.
This course will be delivered online over 2 sessions and we ask that you are able to commit to both dates if booking.
This course will support you to:
- understand the main principles and limitations of the Equalities Act and other key legislation
- identify the protected characteristics under the Equality Act and understand some of the ways in which prejudice and discrimination can be directed towards people with protected characteristics
- explore the impact of stereotypes and be familiar with appropriate and inclusive language
- understand unconscious bias and how it can impact on your work
- understand intersectional approaches to inclusion
- apply practical strategies and tools to work towards inclusive practice
Who should attend?
Suitable for all levels of staff who want to update their knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity.
This course will be delivered over 2 sessions: 2nd and 9th September
Attendance on both sessions is required. This online course will not be recorded.
“This was by far one of the most thought provoking, interesting and well delivered courses I’ve been on. Typically, this sort of thing is just read in a policy, but I think it’s so important to have a discussion like this.”
This course is also available in-house. Prices start from £710 for up to 16 people to be delivered online or in person. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01273 645420