Date & Time of Course
11 July, 2024
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
18 July, 2024
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are central to services supporting clients from marginalised and excluded groups.
This online course will provide an opportunity to explore your own relationship to equality, diversity, equity and inclusion as well as the legislation underpinning anti-discriminatory practice. Using a client-centred and intersectional approach, the course will explore equality, diversity, and inclusion in the context of supporting clients with multiple and complex needs. This training goes beyond legislation, to explore how you and your organisation can deliver inclusive services.
The session prioritises creating a psychologically safe space where participants can explore new ideas, refresh existing knowledge, support each other’s learning and collaborate on learning tasks.
This course will be delivered online over two sessions, and we ask that you are able to commit to both dates if booking.
This course will support you to:
- understand the main principles and limitations of the Equalities Act and Gender Recognition Act
- identify the protected characteristics and types of unlawful discrimination from the Equality Act
- understand unconscious bias and how to mitigate its harmful impacts
- explore ways to respond to and challenge discrimination, including microaggressions
- understand intersectional approaches to inclusion
- explore the topics of privilege and allyship
- apply practical strategies and tools to work towards inclusive practice
Who should attend?
Suitable for all levels of staff who want to update their knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity.
This is a 1-day course which will be delivered online over two morning sessions on 11 & 18 July 2024.
Attendance on both sessions is required. This online course will not be recorded.
This was by far one of the most thought provoking, interesting and well delivered courses that I’ve been on. Typically, this sort of thing is just read in a policy, but I think it’s so important to have a discussion like this.
This course is also available in-house, and prices start from £798 for up to 16 people. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance at [email protected] or telephone 01273 645420