Date & Time of Course
- 19 May, 2021
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
BHT’s half day course will equip you with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to effectively handle difficult and aggressive behaviour and avoid these escalating into a potentially violent situation.
You will learn how to manage your own response to situations of conflict and aggression, as well as learning how to connect with and calm others. The course will explore the potential reasons behind aggression and how to spot the early warning signs. Most importantly you will learn how to manage difficult situations calmly and professionally by using a range of effective and creative techniques.
This course will support you to:
- understand why people get angry or display challenging behaviour
- understand the links between complex needs (alcohol/ substance misuse, trauma, mental health) and challenging behaviour
- identify your own triggers and help clients to identify theirs
- recognise how your own communication skills can impact on your clients’ behaviour (verbal and non-verbal)
- apply techniques for defusing difficult or aggressive situations
- assess risk and keep yourself and others safe
- de-brief effectively with others
Who should attend?
Suitable for all frontline staff who face the possibility of aggression or violence in their workplace.
This course will be delivered over 1 session: 19 May 2021. This online course will not be recorded.
The trainer was brilliant. He got us to experience what it’s like for our clients.
This course is also available in-house. Prices start from £375 for up to 14 people to be delivered online. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01273 645420