Date & Time of Course
- 22 September, 2021
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- 24 September, 2021
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the switch to remote working for many organisations.
There can be many benefits to working from home, both for the employer (cost savings, increased productivity) and for the employee (increased time and flexibility). However, the new ways of working also bring new challenges for managers and teams.
Some of the common challenges reported by managers include, managing communication, maintaining boundaries and work/life balance, and motivating remote workers. Managers need to be proactive in addressing these challenges – encouraging open communication, finding new ways of motivating people and fostering a culture of trust and accountability.
This new BHT Training course will begin to explore the skills, techniques and tools you need to become a confident and effective remote manager.
This course will support you to:
- recognise the challenges that employees can experience having a remote manager
- identify appropriate motivation techniques to maintain productivity
- develop mutual trust and team collaboration
- develop an effective remote communication style with your team
- support your teams’ wellbeing to combat isolation and stress
- facilitate productive and engaging remote team meetings and 1-2-1’s.
- address performance issues– delivering remote feedback and dealing with conflict
- set goals and promote personal ownership of work
- stay connected, celebrate achievement, and keep a sense of ‘team’
Who should attend?
Suitable anyone responsible for managing remote teams or individuals.
This course will be delivered over 2 sessions: 22 & 24 September 2021.
Attendance on both sessions is required. This online course will not be recorded.
The trainer was excellent, very engaging, had a good sense of humour and I would highly recommend him.
This course is also available in-house. Prices start from £675 for up to 14 people to be delivered online. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01273 645420