Date & Time of Course
9 May, 2024
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
In our work supporting people, professional boundaries are essential to providing a safe and responsible environment.
We are often working on a deep level with clients and we have a responsibility to ensure that our help and support does not damage or alienate. Working with difficult issues can be stressful and emotionally challenging and professional boundaries also help us to manage ourselves and our emotional wellbeing.
This interactive course provides an opportunity for you to explore professional boundaries in more depth and is designed to encourage debate and discussion, to assess your own ability to maintain boundaries, and to develop professional and healthy relationships with the people you support.
This course will support you to:
- Increase responsibility and awareness of professional boundaries
- Understand the difference between personal and professional behaviours
- Clearly define what constitutes unprofessional behaviour
- Increase awareness and understanding of vulnerabilities and risk factors
- Understand the limits of confidentiality
- Describe good practice and reflect on your own practice
- Apply techniques to create and maintain healthy professional boundaries
- Understand appropriate action to take if a breach to a professional boundary occurs
Who should attend?
Suitable for all frontline workers.
This course will be delivered over 1 session on 9 May 2024. This online course will not be recorded.
The trainer was excellent. His therapeutic skills and his curiosity and knowledge of the human condition enable him to present this subject in a very engaging way.
This course is also available in-house, and prices start from £798 for up to 16 people. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance at [email protected] or telephone 01273 645420