Date & Time of Course
19 June, 2023
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
20 June, 2023
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Supervision plays a key role in supporting staff to deliver a quality service to clients, tenants, and other stakeholders.
The process of ‘supervision’ involves the line manager meeting regularly with the employee to review their work and provide guidance and support. It is likely to include workload management and prioritising, setting organisational expectations, reviewing performance, providing feedback, and identifying development needs.
When working with clients with complex and multiple needs, the facilitation of regular reflective practice in supervision is also important. Research shows that the provision of a safe and professional space in which employees can slow down and reflect on their work – promotes safe and effective decision making and supports the wellbeing and emotional resilience of staff.
This 2-day course will explore the key principles of providing effective supervision, which focuses on developing professional and supportive relationships with your teams.
Please note that this is a management supervision (1-2-1) course, not clinical supervision.
This course will support you to:
- understand the purpose, key principles, context, and benefits of reflective supervision
- apply different models of supervision, learning and reflection in support work and PIE
- plan and prepare – know how to get the most out of a supervision session
- facilitate a solution focused, coaching approach to encourage personal development.
- develop understanding of relationship dynamics, communication and listening skills
- set clear and measurable objectives and record and monitor performance
- ask effective questions and give / receive constructive and meaningful feedback
- identify the strengths and development needs of your staff
- respond to supervision challenges and promote wellbeing, resilience, and self-awareness
- reflect on your own strengths and weaknesses as a supervisor and action plan areas for development
Who should attend?
Suitable for new managers, deputy managers, team leaders and supervisors. The course will also be suitable for managers who have not previously received formal supervision training.
This course will be delivered over 2 days: 19 & 20 June (10am – 4pm).
This online course will not be recorded.
This course is also available in-house, and prices start from £1380 for up to 16 people. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance at email@example.com or telephone 01273 645420