Date & Time of Course
18 November, 2024
9:30 am - 3:00 pm
19 November, 2024
9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) is a short-term goal-orientated approach that ultimately focuses on supporting clients to find solutions in the present time and explores finding quicker resolutions to problems in the future.
This course aims to provide practitioners with an introduction to the SFBT model and skills required to support individuals to make active changes using this approach.
This is a perfect model to use alongside or integrate with other approaches such as Motivational Interviewing. The course is delivered in an interactive format combining a variety of activities such as group work, demonstrations, videos and practice.
The course aims to provide a safe learning environment in order to be able to allow for skills development and experiential practice to take place.
The course will support you to:
- Develop an overview of the Solution Focused Brief Therapy model
- To understand the processes and functions of an SFBT conversation
- Develop skills to use in order to facilitate an SFBT intervention
- Explore the research behind this approach and its effectiveness and limitations
- Understand the difference between SFBT and other modalities of behaviour change
- Have opportunities to discuss how and when to integrate SFBT into your practice
- Develop an SFBT toolkit and have opportunities to practice the applications of these within the learning environment and in your own setting between sessions
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone who works closely with vulnerable adults and young people who are seeking to create and find resources towards healthy change
This course will be delivered online over 2 days on 18 & 19 November 2024.
Attendance on both days is required. This online course will not be recorded.
I have become far more solution focused not only in my role, but also in my personal life
This course is also available in-house, and prices start from £1,449 for up to 14 people. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance at [email protected] or telephone 01273 645420