If you’re a bit confused by benefits and all of the accompanying rules and terminology, then this course is for you. This day-long guide through the benefits system will clarify all of the basic principles, claiming processes and eligibility criteria, so that you never again have to worry about which benefits are the right ones to claim.
We will also take a look at all of the best online resources, including benefits calculators and how to get the most out of them.
The course will assume little or no previous knowledge, and will present a broad overview of the benefits system rather than in depth technical detail.
The course will cover:
- The different types of benefits and who pays what to whom
- How Universal Credit affects everything
- How different claimant groups are treated, depending on age and disability
- Benefits which are specific to disability, such as Personal Independence Payment
- How to identify the correct benefits which should be in payment when circumstances change
- How the capital and income rules vary across the benefit spectrum
- The claiming and challenging processes
- How to use online resources for maximum helpfulness
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at providing a comprehensive overview of the benefits system, to people with little or no knowledge of how it all works.
We will use group exercises, case studies, quizzes and games to work our way through the comprehensive material, with plenty of time for discussion, humour and networking.