The use of coaching within organisations has substantially grown over the past 10 years and is now a fundamental tool in supporting clients.
Success through coaching is a partnership with someone that guides and motivates people to create desired results. This two day course will focus on coaching skills for support workers with plenty of opportunity for practise sessions and feedback. The course will provide participants with the tools, support and structure to help them and others set SMARTA goals, eliminate obstacles, and accomplish more.
Ensures you are able to:
- describe and apply the GROW model
- identify several different coaching models and techniques
- support clients to take action and overcome resistance
- identify appropriate situations to use coaching
- confidently and effectively apply coaching skills
- set and review SMARTA goals and action plan
Who should attend?
Suitable for frontline staff who are directly involved in supporting clients through change.
The incorporation of mentoring, coaching, and motivational interviewing was very useful.