BHT’s two day course aims to develop your skills and confidence in managing conflict and other destructive behaviour patterns when working with vulnerable adults and young people, assertively and with compassion.
The course will take a psychologically informed approach to develop your understanding of conflict and challenging behaviour and will provide practical approaches and techniques to help you support your clients to break negative behaviour cycles.
Using a CBT framework, the course will explore conflict you may be having with your clients or that your clients may be having with each other and will improve your ability to empathise and offer support through active listening, de-escalation techniques and mediation.
Ensures you are able to:
- understand and reflect on your clients’ relationships with conflict and challenging behaviour
- recognise where emotions of anger come from in ourselves and others
- identify patterns, cycles and triggers that lead to conflict and negative outcomes
- apply different models and techniques to help break the cycle of conflict
- practise mediation and listening skills to support clients experiencing conflict
Who should attend?
Suitable for all frontline workers