Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to services supporting clients from marginalised groups.
This one day course will provide an opportunity to explore your own relationships to equality and diversity as well as the legislation underpinning anti-discriminatory practice. Using a client centered-approach, we will explore equality and diversity in the context of supporting clients with multiple needs. This training goes beyond legislation, to explore issues of equality and diversity, and how you and your organisation can deliver inclusive services.
Ensures you are able to:
- understand the main principles and the limitations of the Equalities Act and other key legislation
- identify the protected characteristics under the Equality Act and understand some of the ways in which prejudice and discrimination can be directed towards people with protected characteristics
- explore the impact of stereotypes and be familiar with appropriate and inclusive language
- understand unconscious bias and how it can impact on your work
- understand intersectional approaches to inclusion
- apply practical strategies and tools to work towards inclusive practice
Who should attend?
Suitable for all levels of staff who want to update their knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity.
Course level: Introductory/ Refresher
A valuable training course with excellent insights on the latest developments.