In the event of a fire, the actions of staff are likely to be crucial to their safety and that of other people on the premises.
All employees share a responsibility for fire safety and it is recommended that all staff should receive basic fire safety training.
This half day course will explore the principles of fire prevention and emergency procedures and will equip participants with the knowledge and skills required to effectively and safely carry out the role of designated Fire Warden.
The course is delivered by an experienced trainer and registered fire risk assessor who has previously held the role of Senior Fire Safety Officer for West Sussex and has 25 years experience in fire safety.
Ensures you are able to:
- understand the role and responsibilities of Fire Warden
- facilitate the safe evacuation of the premises in the event of a fire
- identify the main causes of fire and how these can be prevented
- understand human behaviour in the event of a fire and how this can be managed
- identify fire doors, escape routes, and assembly points
Who should attend?
Suitable for all staff who are responsible for fire warden duties.
Level: Introductory/ Refresher
“The trainer’s personal experience was invaluable in giving participants an understanding of the importance of fire procedures.”