BHT’s two day Groupwork Skills course aims to enhance your skills and understanding of groupwork, increase awareness of the potential benefits of group work, and will reflect on your own behaviour as both a group member and a group facilitator.
The course will explore several different models of group processes and dynamics and will identify ways of creating a safe and trusting environment.
By the end of the course you will feel confident in applying a variety of skills, techniques and approaches to ensure groupwork is effective, fun, and creative.
Ensures you are able to:
- understand group processes and dynamics
- identify your personal facilitation style and its impact on groupwork
- examine the different roles people take in groups
- create a safe and trusting environment for groupwork
- apply strategies to effectively manage difficult situations, including conflict
- understand the benefits and limitations of co-facilitation
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone wishing to develop their understanding of groupwork.
The trainer was excellent. She was very inclusive and mindful and made the session relevant for all those attending.