This one-day course provides an inspiring and practical introduction to the theory and application of human givens solution focussed therapy.
The Human Givens model is the only bio-psycho-social model of therapy available today drawing on advances in brain science, psychology and ancient wisdom to create a truly holistic picture of what it is to be human and how we can achieve emotional health and clear thinking. It has applications in all forms of social and health care as well as in psychotherapy and supporting behaviour change.
Ensures you are able to:
- understand the bio-psycho-social aspect of human nature
- understand and identify emotional needs, why they are important and how they can be met
- understand and identify our natural resources and ability to create change
- employ a set of solution focussed interpersonal skills in helping develop clients’ emotional health including gathering information, goal setting, and helping clients access their own abilities and resources for change
- supporting clients to use their imagination as a means to build a path to a more positive future
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone working with vulnerable adults including: support workers, front-line staff, mental health workers, carers, therapists and youth workers.
An amazing course. I would recommend to all front-line workers