Line managing others can be a challenging and diverse role. This interactive course aims to provide you with a comprehensive introduction to line management.
Taking a best practice approach, the course will explore a range of key responsibilities from the more technical day to day tasks, to building productive working relationships.
The course will also focus on some of the more challenging aspects of the role, including delegation skills, dealing with conflict, and managing the transition from team member to line manager.
You will leave the course with a good understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviour required, to effectively manage your team to achieve excellent results.
Ensures you are able to:
- define the role, responsibilities, and qualities of an effective line manager
- apply management theory and techniques to lead, motivate, and support staff
- develop strategies to deal with the challenges of the role
- practise effective communication and provide constructive feedback
- develop confidence in problem solving and decision making
Who should attend?
Suitable for first time managers. The course is also suitable for managers who have not received any formal training or would like to refresh their existing knowledge.
The trainer was excellent. She had a good delivery and took a great interest in what we all did and the various obstacles we come up against in our roles.