BHT’s new two day Introduction to Measuring Social Value & Impact course will provide you with a comprehensive grounding in the key principles and practice of measuring social, economic and environmental impact and value, putting your clients at the heart of evaluation and evidence collection.
We will explore the challenges and benefits for voluntary sector organisations and provide you with an overview of six essential steps to develop a framework for monitoring and evaluating your service’s social value and impact.
You will be introduced to some basic techniques and tools to review and update your existing monitoring and evaluation framework, or to begin the process of creating a framework; you will learn how to ensure quantitative and qualitative data and evidence collection is meaningful and proportionate, as well as how to build it into day-to-day management and service delivery. Finally, you will be introduced to some tools and techniques for analysis including calculating social, economic and environmental values and writing compelling and engaging evaluation reports.
Ensures you are able to:
- identify organisational challenges and be able to articulate the benefits of measuring social value and impact
- recognise the importance of collaboration, leadership, planning, and stakeholder engagement
- understand key theories, concepts and language of social value and impact measurement
- understand the importance of mixed methods of quantitative and qualitative data and evidence collection
- review or develop appropriate levels of data and evidence collection to effectively measure social value and impact
- understand the importance of analysis; learn how to demonstrate social impact; calculate value for money and calculate environmental values
- present engaging and informative reports
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who has responsibility for performance management, monitoring and evaluation. Ideally you will be a manager or team leader of a service or organisation.
No prior knowledge of social value and impact measurement is required although some understanding of your organisation/service’s data collection and reporting requirements is essential.
Participants are required to bring their organisation/ service aims, objectives, monitoring and evaluation frameworks and/or reporting requirements e.g. what data are they currently collecting, outputs and outcomes, as well as any quality standards that apply.