Leaders help themselves and others to do the right things. They set direction, build an inspiring vision, and create something new
This Introduction to Leadership course aims to develop your understanding of what it means to be a leader and will equip you with the necessary skills, tools and approaches to start you on your leadership journey.
The course will begin to develop your strategic thinking (creating a strategic vision, direction and goals) and will explore some of the essential skills of leadership, including negotiation skills and how to engage and empower your teams to deliver results.
Ensures you are able to:
- Recognise the difference between leadership and management and when to apply each function
- Describe the role, skills and behaviours of an effective leader
- Identify your preferred leadership style and its impact on others
- Understand key motivators and strategies for engagement
- Apply negotiation skills and techniques to help achieve win-win results
- Understand the basics of strategic thinking
- Translate vision and goals into SMARTER objectives
- Delegate effectively and empower others to lead themselves
- Action plan – Identify your personal strengths and development areas
Who should attend?
Suitable for all middle managers looking to develop their leadership skills. Also suitable for senior managers looking to consolidate their knowledge.