Around one in four people experience a mental health problem every year, but it is often a poorly understood topic.
This introductory level course gives an overview of mental health and recovery and considers the impact of mental health conditions including anxiety, depression, and psychosis.
Participants will be enabled to build their confidence to engage with people showing signs of distress or mental ill health and know how to help them to access appropriate help and support. Those attending the training will also be better informed to manage their own mental health more proactively.
Ensures you are able to:
- understand the concepts of mental health and recovery
- be aware of the early signs of mental health conditions
- feel confident helping someone experiencing mental and emotional distress
- guide someone towards the right support
- reduce the stigma of mental health issues
Who should attend?
Suitable for all staff