BHT’s Managing Difficult & Aggressive Situations course has been extended to a full day for 2017 to allow time to cover this important subject in more depth.
BHT’s new one day course will equip you with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to effectively handle difficult and aggressive behaviour and avoid these escalating into a potentially violent situation.
You will learn how to spot the early warning signs of conflict or aggressive behaviour as well as understanding the potential reasons behind it. Most importantly you will learn how to manage difficult situations calmly and professionally by using a range of effective and creative techniques.
Ensures you are able to:
- understand why people get angry or display challenging behaviour
- understand the links between complex needs (alcohol, substance misuse, trauma, mental health) and challenging behaviour
- identify your own anger triggers and help clients to identify theirs
- recognise how your own communication skills can impact on your clients’ behaviour (verbal and non-verbal)
- apply techniques for defusing difficult or aggressive situations
- assess risk and keep your self and others safe
- identify appropriate reporting and follow up procedures
Who should attend?
Suitable for all frontline staff who face the possibility of aggression or violence in their workplace.
I found the warning signs and strategies section very useful.