Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised course with a firm evidence base which is being delivered in 23 countries across the world.
This interactive course will teach you how to recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues, provide ‘first-aid’ assistance to someone who may be experiencing a mental health crisis, and effectively guide someone towards the right support services.
Everyone who attends the course will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook which are both excellent support resources. When you have completed the course you will receive a certificate to confirm that you are a trained Mental Health First Aider.
For more information about MHFA please visit: www.mhfa.england.org
Ensures you are able to:
- spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- provide help on a first aid basis
- help keep someone safe from suicide or self- harm
- help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- help someone recover faster
- guide someone towards the right support
- reduce the stigma of mental health issues
Who should attend?
Suitable for all staff
The course was great for offering practical advice on strategies for keeping people in mental distress safe.