Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an evidence based approach with over 200 controlled trials to support its effectiveness. It aims to guide clients in the process of changing many types of unhealthy behaviour and lifestyle choices.
BHT’s two day Motivational Interviewing course provides an inspiring and practical introduction to the theory and application of MI which can be adapted to address many different types of unhealthy behaviour. This practical course aims to equip you with the knowledge, skills and tools required to effectively apply MI in your work practice, enabling you to better support and empower your clients to make positive behavioural change.
Ensures you are able to:
- understand the foundations and basic principles of MI
- reflect on your own issues regarding change and resistance to change
- apply basic MI skills and techniques in your work practice
- identify the benefits and potential applications of MI in the context of your work practice
- develop in confidence and self-awareness
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone who works closely with vulnerable adults and young people where behaviour change and motivation is an issue.
Course level: Introductory
The trainer was excellent – extremely considerate of everyone’s learning needs