The transition from team member to line manager can often be a daunting one. BHT’s two day course aims to develop your confidence and equip you with the fundamental skills, techniques and behaviours required to be a successful manager.
The course will explore a range of key responsibilities including, understanding your role and expectations of being a manager, measuring performance and developing your teams to achieve their full potential. We will also look at some of the more challenging aspects of the role, including effective delegation, managing conflict, and providing constructive feedback.
Ensures you are able to:
- understand the role, responsibilities, and qualities of an effective line manager
- develop effective and appropriate communication skills
- measure team performance using SMARTA objectives and provide constructive feedback
- delegate tasks with confidence
- develop confidence in resolving conflict and problem solving
- facilitate a coaching approach to supervision that encourages reflective practice and personal development
Who should attend?
Suitable for first time managers or supervisors. The course is also suitable for managers who have not received any formal training or would like to refresh their existing knowledge.