In our work with vulnerable adults and young people, professional boundaries are vital to providing a safe and responsible environment.
We are often working on a deep level with clients and tenants and we have a responsibility to ensure that our help and support does not damage or alienate them. Working with difficult issues can be stressful and emotionally challenging and professional boundaries help us to manage ourselves and our emotional wellbeing.
BHT’s interactive Professional Boundaries course provides an opportunity for you to explore professional boundaries in more depth and is designed to encourage debate and discussion, to assess your own ability to maintain boundaries and to develop professional and healthy relationships with the vulnerable people you support.
Ensures you are able to:
- increase responsibility and awareness of professional boundaries
- clearly define what constitutes unprofessional behaviour
- increase awareness and understanding of vulnerabilities and risk factors
- understand the limits of confidentiality
- describe good practice and reflect on your own practice
- apply techniques to create and maintain healthy professional boundaries
- understand appropriate action to take if a breach to a professional boundary occurs
Who should attend?
Suitable for all staff working with vulnerable adults and young people
The trainer was extremely knowledgeable on the subject and very engaging.