Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) concentrates on finding solutions in the present time and explores finding quicker resolution to problems in the future. This method allows you to prepare ways to improve your own life and, with the appropriate coaching and questioning, ensures you are capable of finding the best solutions.
This two day course aims to provide practitioners with an introduction to the SFBT model and basic skills required to support individuals to make active changes.
This is a perfect model to use alongside or integrate with other approaches such as Motivational Interviewing. The course is delivered in an interactive format combining a variety of activities such as group work, demonstrations, videos and practice.
The course aims to provide a safe learning environment in order to be able to allow for skills development and practice to take place. The outcomes of the course will vary depending on the knowledge and level of the group.
The key elements covered will be:
- An overview of Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Identifying when SFBT is most useful to integrate into interventions
- Developing a shared agenda and goal setting
- Exception Seeking, elicit internal and external resources
- How to review progress
- Developing an SFBT Toolkit relevant to your role
- Putting it all together and next steps
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone who has already taken or is thinking about taking Motivational Interviewing.