A strengths based approach is a philosophy for working with individuals, groups and communities, which recognises that all people have the inherent capacity to learn, grow and change.
Collaboration between the client and the practitioner is key to this approach, enabling you to work together to determine an outcome that draws on the person’s strengths, interests, abilities and skills, rather than their limits.
This one day course provides an inspiring and practical introduction to the theory and application of strengths-based practice and will equip you with the skills and techniques to help strengthen your clients’ motivation towards their goals.
Ensures you are able to:
- understand the philosophy and evidence base of the strengths-based approach and its practical application.
- understand the relationship between strengths-based and solution focused interventions.
- identify when strengths-based interventions are most appropriate
- use strengths-based conversations to support individuals
- consider how strengths-based conversations can move people towards recovery
- recognise the limitations of strengths-based interventions within your practice
Who should attend?
Suitable for all frontline workers
I found the trainer’s delivery method to be engaging and incredibly informative and I am keen to attend more training with him.