Support work can be highly stressful, especially when working with clients with complex needs. Resilience, the capacity to bounce back or to thrive during times of challenge or change, can grow out of awareness and learnable skills and strategies.
This practical course will teach you how to increase your emotional resilience, develop a positive outlook and apply techniques to manage your stress and wellbeing more effectively.
We will explore a variety of stress management tools including awareness of risk, self-care, challenging negative thoughts, and professional and emotional boundaries
Ensures you are able to:
- Develop your understanding and appreciation of emotional resilience, stress and wellbeing
- Recognise the capacity we have for overcoming difficulties
- Recognise the significance of personal strength
- Explore how to handle unhelpful thinking and reaction
- Learn how to manage stress more effectively
Who should attend?
Suitable for all staff
Fantastic course- so useful for me in dealing with the day to day issues I face in a more effective manner and therefore be able to help my clients more.
This course should be compulsory for all front line workers. The trainer, and the training was, in a word, superb.