BHT’s two day The Human Givens Approach course provides an inspiring and practical introduction to the theory and application of human givens solution focussed therapy.
The Human Givens model is the only bio-psycho-social model of therapy available today, drawing on advances in brain science, psychology and ancient wisdom to create a truly holistic picture of what it is to be human and how we can achieve emotional health and clear thinking. It has applications in all forms of social and health care as well as in psychotherapy and supporting behaviour change.
This newly extended course will feature a mixture of theory and practice, exploring the needs and resources of human nature: A look at the evidence, The APET Model, solution focussed skills and ways of working, and guided imagery, visualisation and the therapeutic power of stories.
Ensures you are able to:
- understand the bio-psycho-social nature of mental health and the implications of this understanding to the provision of services in education, health and social care
- understand and identify specific emotional needs, why they are important and how they can be met
- employ a set of solution focussed interpersonal skills to help develop your clients’ emotional health
- identify solutions and agree strategies to support your clients to achieve their goals
- understand and make use of the natural resources that all human beings have to create change
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone working with vulnerable adults and young people.
An amazing course. I would recommend to all front-line workers