This full day course will develop your existing Universal Credit (UC) knowledge and ensure that you are confident in dealing with the more problematic areas of UC, especially as the full service rollout will nearly be at an end.
It will also be an opportunity to catch up with the latest Universal Credit developments locally and to share experiences, suggestions and contacts with the other participants.
The material will incorporate all the latest developments and regulatory changes.
We will look at:
- The latest full service rollout schedule and DWP preparations for the transfer of legacy benefit claimants to UC starting in January 19
- The latest Court decisions on problematic aspects of UC, such as the two child limit, the benefit cap and transitional protection
- Ongoing issues for vulnerable people, including transfers from ESA to UC
- Any updates to the claiming and administration processes, including Advances and Claimant Commitments
- Any technical or guidance updates
- The exchange of skills, suggestions and information between local agencies
Who should attend:
This is an intermediate level course for people who already work with UC claimants. It will not be suitable for people who are new to UC, who are advised to attend the ‘Universal Credit from Scratch’ course on 20th September 2018. It may also not be technical enough for people who are specialist benefits caseworkers, although they are welcome to attend and share their experiences.