On desktops and tablets the column to your right contains a full map of this website.
For mobile devices please scroll to the bottom of this page.
Website Accessibility is a term used to describe a site’s accessibility for people with disabilities and impairments.
People who have hearing, visual, and even certain other physical and cognitive impairments can find it all but impossible to use many websites.
Even though a person may be set up on their end with all the necessary hardware needed to translate content into a format that they can use, if a given site is not set up to be accessible then they will not be able to use the site.
We endeavour to make this website as accessible as possible by ensuring that:
- layout and structure is consistent throughout the site
- all content is clear and concisely written
- font sizes are scalable and large enough for most people to read comfortably.
Press Ctrl + / Ctrl – to increase or decrease font sizes throughout the site
- the colour contrast ratio with text on background is at least 7:1, with buttons on background at least 4.5:1
- all images have ‘Alt text’, meaning that they register as a description in text readers
- linked images have ‘Alt tags’ describing what the link is as well as the image
- headings are utilised correctly, with a fully semantic structure that helps screen readers to navigate the site correctly
- redundant titles are removed in links to avoid title duplication for people using screen readers and magnifiers
- all text links are underlined on mouse rollover
- all forms are correctly labelled. Each field has a unique ID and is validated
- if a form field is required then the word ‘required’ is used rather than a little red star, which is not picked up by screen readers
- all links are made keyboard accessible and have a ‘focus’ attribute where possible so that the user knows which link they have selected
- all code is validated as far as possible using W3C standards for both HTML and CSS
- the site works cross-browser and degrades gracefully in older browsers
- the design never relies on colour alone. All text reads well in black and white
- we avoid the use of Flash, which doesn’t render on iPads or iPhones
The most popular software that is useful for assisting access to websites is listed below.
Some are free, some are commercial but have free demos.
- JAWS, a screen reader for Windows. A time-limited, downloadable demo is available.
- Home Page Reader, a screen reader for Windows. A downloadable demo is available.
- Lynx browser, a free text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays.
- Links browser, a free text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth.
- Opera browser, a visual browser with many accessibility-related features, including text zooming, user stylesheets, image toggle. A free downloadable version is available. Compatible with Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and several other operating systems.
We are continually working to improve the quality and accessibility of the BHT Training website.
While every effort has been made to ensure that it is accessible to the widest number of users, if you experience any problems or have any questions regarding the accessibility of the this website please don’t hesitate to report any problems to us using the form at the bottom of this page.
In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
1. Acceptance of our Terms
By visiting the website BHT Training, viewing, accessing or otherwise using any of the services or information created, collected, compiled or submitted to BHT Training, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of Service. If you do not want to be bound by our Terms your only option is not to visit, view or otherwise use the services of BHT Training. You understand, agree and acknowledge that these Terms constitute a legally binding agreement between you and BHT Training and that your use of BHT Training shall indicate your conclusive acceptance of this agreement.
2. Provision of Services
You agree and acknowledge that BHT Training is entitled to modify, improve or discontinue any of its services at its sole discretion and without notice to you even if it may result in you being prevented from accessing any information contained in it. Furthermore, you agree and acknowledge that BHT Training is entitled to provide services to you through subsidiaries or affiliated entities.
3. Proprietary Rights
You acknowledge and agree that BHT Training may contain proprietary and confidential information including trademarks, service marks and patents protected by intellectual property laws and international intellectual property treaties. BHT Training authorizes you to view and make a single copy of portions of its content for offline, personal, non-commercial use. Our content may not be sold, reproduced, or distributed without our written permission. Any third-party trademarks, service marks and logos are the property of their respective owners. Any further rights not specifically granted herein are reserved.
4. Submitted Content
When you submit content to BHT Training you simultaneously grant BHT Training an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free license to publish, display, modify, distribute and syndicate your content worldwide. You confirm and warrant that you have the required authority to grant the above license to BHT Training.
5. Termination of Agreement
The Terms of this agreement will continue to apply in perpetuity until terminated by either party without notice at any time for any reason. Terms that are to continue in perpetuity shall be unaffected by the termination of this agreement.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand and agree that your use of BHT Training is entirely at your own risk and that our services are provided “As Is” and “As Available”. BHT Training does not make any express or implied warranties, endorsements or representations whatsoever as to the operation of the BHT Training website, information, content, materials, or products. This shall include, but not be limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, and warranties that access to or use of the service will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the service will be corrected.
7. Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that BHT Training and any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall in no event be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages. This shall include, but not be limited to damages for loss of profits, business interruption, business reputation or goodwill, loss of programs or information or other intangible loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the service, or information, or any permanent or temporary cessation of such service or access to information, or the deletion or corruption of any content or information, or the failure to store any content or information. The above limitation shall apply whether or not BHT Training has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of such damages. In jurisdictions where the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages is not allowed the liability of BHT Training is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
8. External Content
BHT Training may include hyperlinks to third-party content, advertising or websites. You acknowledge and agree that BHT Training is not responsible for and does not endorse any advertising, products or resource available from such resources or websites.
You expressly understand and agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the country, state, province or territory determined solely by BHT Training to resolve any legal matter arising from this agreement or related to your use of BHT Training. If the court of law having jurisdiction, rules that any provision of the agreement is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms and the remaining Terms will continue to be valid.
10. Entire Agreement
You understand and agree that the above Terms constitute the entire general agreement between you and BHT Training. You may be subject to additional Terms and conditions when you use, purchase or access other services, affiliate services or third-party content or material.
11. Changes to the Terms
BHT Training reserves the right to modify these Terms from time to time at our sole discretion and without any notice. Changes to our Terms become effective on the date they are posted and your continued use of BHT Training after any changes to Terms will signify your agreement to be bound by them.