Date & Time of Course
15 April, 2024
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This short course aims to cover the range of benefits for people who have reached pension age.
Underclaiming of benefits by this age group is startling – for example, up to 40% of all 66+ people who could be entitled to pension credit don’t claim, which means that many people are living on incomes which are below the guarantee credit threshold.
We will look at the most relevant benefits for this age group, principally:
- The ‘new’ state pension and pension age, plus Government plans to accelerate the move to a higher pension age
- Pension credit and how to access it, including the effect of capital and occupational pensions on how payments are calculated
- Attendance Allowance and Carer’s Allowance (including new rules about terminal illness), and how they impact on pension credit
- Awkward rules for mixed-age couples – should they claim PC or UC?
- Getting help with rent and council tax, and how they all interrelate
The training materials will include all new benefit rates from April ‘24, plus a host of internet resources, practical tips, and case studies. There will also be links to factsheets and routes to increasing incomes.
Who should attend?
This course is pitched at beginner level and will be suitable for anyone working with this age group who needs to be confident that their knowledge is up to date.
This is a half day course on 15 April 2024. This online course will not be recorded.
The trainer was excellent and managed to make complex information very clear to understand.
This course is also available in-house, and prices start from £461 for up to 14 people. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance at [email protected] or telephone 01273 645420