Date & Time of Course
13 May, 2024
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
14 May, 2024
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
This ever-popular introductory course is now available online. Our aim is to bring you comprehensive information which will guide you through the benefits maze and bring you up to speed with all the essentials.
The course will be delivered over 2 sessions and attendance on both days is required.
13 May 2024: Session 1 – General Benefits Overview
14 May 2024: Session 2 – Introduction to Universal Credit
Session 1 will support you to:
- Identify the range of different benefits, who pays them, how to claim them, and what benefits are appropriate in any given situation
- Understand the specifics of disability-related benefits, with an emphasis on Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Understand housing costs and the impact of local housing allowance and bedroom tax
- Use internet resources effectively to provide support to people in a variety of contexts
Session 2 will support you to:
- Understand how to claim UC; helping clients make and maintain their claims
- Absorb all the latest information relating to the ongoing ‘migration’ to UC
- Identify who needs to claim UC? When to switch and who is better off?
- Understand how the UC calculation works – allowances and elements
- Recognise the tricky housing element: how it works for tenants and for people in different types of accommodation
- Assist clients to look after their claims, and negotiate effectively with DWP
- Access vital internet resources which really help
Who should attend?
This introductory level course will be starting from scratch. The notes and slides aim to provide a basis for further learning and will not cover all aspects in detail.
The course will be accompanied by a set of comprehensive course notes.
Please note the course will not be covering any immigration-related benefits issues.
This course will be delivered over 2 days: 13 & 14 May 2024 (10am – 12pm and 1pm – 3pm on both dates). Attendance on all sessions is required. This online course will not be recorded.
The trainer was fantastic. Very confidence inspiring to have someone with such knowledge and experience delivering training on what could be an overwhelming subject.
This course is also available in-house, and prices start from £1,449 for up to 14 people. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance at [email protected] or telephone 01273 645420