Date & Time of Course
11 September, 2023
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This one day course will equip participants with the basic lifesaving skills required to deal with casualties until the emergency service help arrives.
This course is a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification, in line with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) workplace requirements.
With over a decade of experience teaching First Aid and many years working for the ambulance service, our trainer will ensure that you leave the course feeling confident to apply lifesaving skills in and out of the workplace.
Please note that there is an additional charge of £13 included in the course fees to cover the accreditation cost.
Ensures you are able to:
- understand the role of an Emergency First Aider (including; first aid kits, infection control, legal aspects of emergency care)
- know how to assess an incident using the Primary survey (DR S ABC)
- manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing (recovery position)
- manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing (CPR and use of an AED)
- recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- understand and manage conditions including heart attacks and strokes
- manage a casualty who is bleeding
- recognise and manage a seizure
- management of burns and scalds
- provide overdose and intoxication aid
- understand the use of adrenaline auto injectors (AAI’s)
Who should attend?
Suitable for all staff.
Participants will be required to demonstrate CPR and the recovery position therefore sensible clothing is required.
Introductory / Refresher
Level 3 assessment – short multiple choice exam and practical assessment
Best First Aid training I’ve been on (I’ve done a lot throughout my career).
This is a one-day course on 11 September 2023 which will be taking place at a Brighton/Hove training venue.
This course is also available in-house, and prices start from £760 for up to 12 people. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance at email@example.com or telephone 01273 645420