Date & Time of Course
4 May, 2022
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
5 May, 2022
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Performance management makes up a significant part of a manager’s role and can also be one of the most stressful tasks of managing a team.
Being able to recognise, understand and deal with performance issues is an essential skill for all managers. When issues concerning underperformance are not addressed appropriately and sensitively, it can lead to unhealthy and unproductive outcomes that can impact negatively on the whole team.
This two-day course taking place via Zoom will equip managers with the required knowledge, skills, and techniques to be able to confidently address performance, negativity, and resistance in a positive and proactive way. The course will provide you with best practice guidance on how to investigate and get to the root-cause of performance issues, make timely interventions, and support your teams to reach their performance potential.
The course will support you to:
- Identify common performance problems and approaches for dealing with them
- Apply practical skills and tools to engage, build trust and rapport
- Understand the performance management cycle; planning, monitoring and reviewing
- Provide constructive and sensitive feedback on performance issues
- Develop confidence in managing performance challenges and interventions
- Recognise and manage conflict in the team
- Develop a performance improvement plan which sets realistic goals and expectations, and be able to effectively record and monitor progress
- Recognise the link to formal performance management policies
Who should attend?
Suitable for all managers, deputy managers, team leaders and supervisors
Course level: Intermediate
This course will be delivered over 2 days: 4 & 5 May 2022.
Attendance on both sessions is required. This online course will not be recorded.
“A very knowledgeable trainer, who was excellent at engaging the room.”
This course is also available in-house. Prices start from £1,290 for up to 14 people to be delivered online. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01273 645420