Date & Time of Course
24 April, 2024
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
25 April, 2024
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Brighton Venue
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an evidence-based approach with over 200 controlled trials to support its effectiveness. It aims to guide clients in the process of changing many types of unhealthy behaviour and lifestyle choices.
Our Motivational Interviewing course provides an inspiring and practical introduction to the theory and application of MI, which can be adapted to address many different types of unhealthy behaviour.
This practical course aims to equip you with the knowledge, skills and tools required to effectively apply MI in your work practice, enabling you to better support and empower your clients to make positive behavioural change.
This course will be delivered in-person over 2 days, and we ask that you are able to commit to both dates before booking.
This course will support you to:
- Understand the foundations and basic principles of MI
- Learn basic MI skills and techniques that can be applied in practice
- Identify the benefits and potential applications of MI in the context of your work practice as well as the areas where MI might not be so useful
- Understand the importance of language within MI conversations
- Develop an action plan for your own learning and practice
- Develop next steps around your MI development
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone who works closely with adults and young people where behaviour change and motivation are an issue.
This course will be delivered in-person at a venue in Brighton over 2 days on 24 & 25 April 2024.
Attendance on both days is required.
I thought the trainer was excellent. She was really engaging and empathetic to the groups needs, whilst delivering effective and informed training.
This course is also available in-house, and prices start from £1,449 for up to 14 people. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance at [email protected] or telephone 01273 645420