This introductory level course will provide you with a basic awareness of adult safeguarding.
The course will provide you with an outline of the Sussex Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedure. You will leave the course with a full understanding of your responsibilities in relation to adult safeguarding, enabling you to work confidently.
Ensures you are able to:
- identify and respond to signs and symptoms of different types of abuse
- understand the principles of safeguarding
- understand the importance of empowering adults to achieve their desired outcomes
- effectively raise safeguarding concerns about clients
- understand the importance of multi-agency working and how to share information
- understand the changes to safeguarding introduced by the Care Act.
Who should attend?
Suitable for all new staff working with adults