Date & Time of Course
4 September, 2024
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This half day course will equip you with the knowledge and understanding required to be able to respond safely and responsibly in the event of a fire. The course will also explore preventative measures to ensure that the workplace is kept as safe as possible.
Fire Safety is essential in any work setting, however it is easy to be complacent and assume that fire alarms and smoke detectors will provide sufficient protection, when that is sadly not the case.
This interactive course will be delivered via Zoom.
This course will support you to:
- develop your understanding of the properties of fire and sources of ignition in the workplace
- understand the way people behave in fire situations and the safest way to respond
- develop knowledge of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and Fire Safety Regulations 2022
- reflect on the devastating consequences of poor fire prevention
- recognise how to identify potential fire hazards within the workplace
- develop understanding of fire risk assessments and other necessary records
- explore the importance of fire drills and regular checks
- reflect on fire safety measures in your own work environment
- have awareness of Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans and how to implement them
This course is suitable for all staff and designated Fire Wardens, either as an introduction to Fire Safety or as a refresher.
This course will be delivered online over a half day session on 4 September 2024.
This online course will not be recorded.
A very informative course. It has helped me to understand appropriate fire safety measures in the workplace.
This course is also available in-house, and prices start from £461 for up to 16 people. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance at [email protected] or telephone 01273 645420