Date & Time of Course
20 June, 2023
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This one-day course aims to increase your confidence in dealing with potentially challenging or volatile situations and will equip you with a range of techniques and strategies that can be used to safely manage and de-escalate conflict and / or difficult situations.
The course is designed to explore a range of proactive, preventative, and reactive strategies that can be used in a variety of settings. Areas covered include communication styles, active listening, incident progression awareness, H&S legislation, professional boundaries, lone working good practices, staff resilience and well-being.
This course will support you to:
- understand the link between fear and aggression: exploring the Cycle of Aggression
- develop an awareness of body language, non-verbal signs and consistent messages
- explore a range of proactive strategies, including professional boundaries, planning and information
- apply a range of preventive strategies, including calming techniques, observation skills and responses to warning signs
- identify a range of reactive strategies, including knowing when to withdraw, using emergency services, reporting, recording and record keeping
- understand the importance of staying safe: how the law underpins safe practice
- explore good practice issues: Supervision, risk assessment, teamwork, understanding the limits of role, lone working and self-care.
Who should attend?
Suitable for all frontline staff who face the possibility of aggression or violence in their workplace.
This course will be delivered over 1 day on 20 June 2023. This online course will not be recorded.
This course is also available in-house, and prices start from £760 for up to 16 people. This can be a cost-effective way of training staff and can be tailored to best meet the needs of your organisation.
Please contact the Learning & Development Team for further assistance: email@example.com or telephone 01273 645420